Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland




The snow is STILL falling...now we have maybe a foot and a half out there. It looks pretty right now, but the weather is supposed to get ugly and wet tonight. Then we'll welcome freezing temperatures, which will turn everything to ice. Good thing we're leaving for Florida in three days! I can't wait!

In the meantime, this weather has temporarily halted my outdoor running until, well probably until I get back from Florida. Speaking of running, I bet you are wondering how I did on my long run yesterday. Hmmm...I contemplated leaving that out of my blog since I am not too proud of it, but you read my blog to get the truth (the two or three of you that read my blog). Well, I HATED every second of my time on the treadmill. I didn't quite complete the 11 miles I should have; I only did 10. And boy was that 10 hard. I rarely (if ever) stop during a run, and I probably stopped 5 or 6 times yesterday. I told you I wasn't proud. Thankfully David was there doing 10 right next to me, but he's faster than me and finished first. But he stayed on the treadmill for most of the time I had left and told me I could do it...and I did it (finally). Anyway,
I hope I don't have to do too many of my long runs on a treadmill because I'll cry.

Well that's all for now. Oh, one more thing: GO PATS!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Only a superstar could do ten miles on a treadmill...yuck. You should be proud you did that instead of just using weather as an excuse. Meg is the best!!